We will be performing routine maintenance on Sunday, May 21th starting at 6:00p.m. CDT, which may cause the Cat Rental Store to be unavailable. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
Company introduction and history
Mohamed Abdulrahman Al-Bahar, founded in 1937, is one of the leading business houses in the Arabian Gulf. It has two major divisions the Machinery Group and the General Trading Group.
The General Trading Group is based in Kuwait and has a portfolio that includes Travel Services, Shipping Companies, Office Equipment and Systems, Building Products, Electrical Appliances, Consumer Goods, Food & Beverage etc
Through our Machinery Group, established in 1959, we represent Caterpillar® in Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE and in Oman through our associate - Oasis Trading and Equipment Co. Our head office is located in Sharjah, UAE.
Caterpillar® machinery and power systems are supplied by Al-Bahar for a wide variety of applications including earthmoving, building and heavy construction, mining, road making, demolition, waste and scrap handling, electric power generation, marine propulsion etc.
Additionally, through our extensive line-up of materials handling equipment including Caterpillar®, KoneCranes Lift Trucks, Terex Cranes, Atlet Warehouse Trucks and Landoll Narrow Aisle Trucks, Al-Bahar extends its services to an even wider variety of industries.
With more than 1800 knowledgeable and experienced staff in 11 branches around the Arabian Gulf, the Machinery Group of Al-Bahar offers:
- Customized solutions for Equipment and Power Systems requirements, including Sales and Rental, New and Used.
- The region's highest Full-Fill-First-Pick Availability of Spare Parts; and
- Best-in-class Service Support that includes workshop and field service, fabrication, maintenance and repair contracts, and training.
Contact your local Al-Bahar branch today and find out how we can help your business requirements in Earthmoving, Power Systems and Materials Handling.
Be the Number One provider of customer value in construction equipment, energy systems, and materials handling.
Strengthen our market leadership by creating dynamic and profitable relationships with customers and suppliers through innovative solutions and committed employees.
Critical Success Factors
- Actively engage with customers to understand and focus on their needs and requirements.
- Continue to build and strengthen intellectual capital by hiring and retaining quality people, rewarding performance, and providing them with growth opportunities.
- Create an environment to empower employees with the proper authority to take ownership of their area of responsibility.
- Deliver outstanding product support options.
- Actively pursue growth opportunities.
- Have best in class processes and systems enabled by 6-Sigma and DBSi to enhance the value and quality of our services.
Al-Bahar initiated its 6-Sigma deployment in 2003 and we are committed to using this discipline to accelerate improvement in our business processes that support customers.
What is 6-Sigma? It is:
- A relentless quest for perfection to meet customer needs.
- Data-driven, fact based decision making
- Focusing our best people on our highest priorities
- Improving processes
- Rigorous alignment of actions with strategy
- Measuring end-of-line impact
- Transforming how people work.
Several 6-Sigma initiatives like Business Leadership and Project Sponsorship Workshops, Black Belt and Green Belt Training Programs and many 6 Sigma Projects for improvement and streamlining business processes are undertaken by Al-Bahar management and its employees. 6-Sigma is now part of Al-Bahar's organization culture and is leading us to further Business Excellence.
Human Resources Philosophy And Careers
We will continue to
- Build and strengthen intellectual capital by hiring and retaining quality people, rewarding performance, and providing them with growth opportunities.
- Create an environment to empower employees with the proper authority to take ownership of their area of responsibility
Every Branch has its own Human Resources Department to look after the needs of the branch employees and provide the services required. These departments have a functional responsibility to the Corporate Human Resources Office in Kuwait.